Important Questions Class 12 Indian Economics Development Chapter Infrastructure
Free PDF download of Important Questions with Answers for CBSE Class 12 Economics Chapter – Infrastructure prepared by expert Economics teachers from latest edition of CBSE(NCERT) books only by StudySolver to score more marks in CBSE board examination. You can also Download Economics Revision Notes Class 12 to help you to revise complete Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
1. What is the meaning of nonconventional sources of energy? Ans. Non conventional sources of energy are renewable resources of energy like biomass, solar energy, wind energy, tidal energy etc.
2. What do you mean by transmission and distribution losses? Ans. Transmission and distribution losses refer to the losses which occur at the time of transmission and distribution of power because of technical reasons, pilferage or theft.
3. What are the indicators of health status of a country. Ans. The health status is normally measured in terms of life expectancy at birth, infant mortality rate, birth role, death rate, along with incidence of communicable and non communicable diseases.
4. Mention one advantage of infrastructure. Ans. Infrastructure increases the productivity of the factors of production.
5. What is global burden of disease? Ans. Global burden of disease (GBD) is an indicator used by experts to measure the number of people dying prematurely due to a particular disease as well as the number of years spent by them in a state of disability owing to the disease.
6. Name the six systems of Indian medicine. Ans. The six systems of Indian medicine are Ayurveda, yoga, Unani, Siddha, Naturopathy and homeopathy.
7. What is morbidity? Ans. Morbidity means proneness to fall ill.
8. What does plant load factor measure? Ans. Plant load factor measures the operational efficiency of thermal power plants.
9. Why do state electricity boards suffer losses? Ans. State electricity boards suffer losses due to transmission and distribution losses, theft of electricity, wrong pricing and other inefficiencies.
10. What do you mean by intent mortality rate? Ans. Infant mortality rate refers to number of deaths of infants before reaching the age of one per 1000 live births during that year.
11. What are the three basic sources of generating power? Ans. Coal, oil and water are three basic sources of generation of power.
12. What do you mean by economic infrastructure. Ans. Economic infrastructure directly supports the economic system. It helps the economic system from inside.
13. Name the state lagging behind in health care system? Ans. Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
14. Why investors are reluctant to invest in tidal energy projects? Ans. Tidal energy has high capital cost and low running cost. As a result, a tidal power scheme may not produce returns for years. Thus, investors are reluctant to invest in such projects.
15. what types of fuels are used by rural women in India? Ans. Rural women are still using bio fuels such as crop residues, dung and fuel wood to meet their energy requirement.
16. How much percentage of GDP does India invest on infrastructure? Ans. 5 %
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.