Important Questions Class 12 Indian Economics Development Chapter Indian Economy The Eve Independence
Free PDF download of Important Questions with Answers for CBSE Class 12 Economics Chapter -Important Questions Class 12 Chapter – Indian Economy on the Eve of Independence prepared by expert Economics teachers from latest edition of CBSE(NCERT) books only by StudySolver to score more marks in CBSE board examination. You can also Download Economics Revision Notes Class 12 to help you to revise complete Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
1. What was the infant mortality rate of India during British rule? Ans. Infant mortality rate was 218 per thousand.
2. State the life expectancy in India during British rule. Ans. Life expectancy was 32 years.
3. What do you mean by infant mortality rate? Ans. Infant mortality rate means number of deaths of children below the age of one year per thousand live birth.
4. Give the name of one economist who estimated India’s per capital income during colonial period. Ans. Dadabhai Naoroji, & Prof V.K.R.V. Rao.
5. What is meant by commercialization of agriculture? Ans. Commercialisation of agriculture means production of crops for sale in the market rather than for self consumption.
6. What was the motive behind the deindustrialization by the colonial Govt. in India? Ans. (i) To get raw materials from India at cheap rate. (ii) To sell British manufactured goods in Indian market at high prices.
7. Which industries were adversely affected due to partition. Ans. Jute and textile industries.
8. What does the export surplus mean? Ans. When export of a country is more than import.
9. What percentage of India’s working population was engaged in secondary and tertiary sector during British rule? Ans. 10% in secondary sector and 18% in tertiary sector.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.