We now know that most Infectious diseases are caused by pathogens such as bacteria and viruses.
We now know that most Infectious diseases are caused by pathogens such as bacteria and viruses. Usually, infectious diseases such as the common cold is not a cause for worry. However, when an infectious disease is very virulent and is highly contagious, it can become very worrisome. Try to see if you can correctly answer all the following questions about virulent and contagious diseases. 1. The earliest recorded pandemic – the Black Death was speculated to be ______
2. The bacterium Yersinia pestis causes _____
3. Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) can be contracted only if _______
4. Which of the following CANNOT be transmitted via infectious droplets?
5. Lyme disease is transmitted to humans through
6. The 1918 flu pandemic, also called the Spanish Flu was caused by
7. How does Ebola spread from human to human?
8. Nipah henipavirus is a ______ borne virus
9. If a disease jumps from a non-human animal to a human, then it is termed as
10. Perinatal transmission is said to occur when a pathogen is transmitted from