Microbiology is the study of living organisms that are not visible to the naked eyes.
Microbiology is the study of living organisms that are not visible to the naked eyes. All the microorganisms such as amoeba, protozoa, viruses, bacteria are studied under microbiology. The microbes play a major role in nutrient cycling, decomposition, food spoilage, control and cause of diseases and biotechnology. Due to their versatile nature, they can be used for different purposes. Given below is a set of MCQs on microbiology along with the answers for reference. These will help the students to enhance their conceptual knowledge.
1. Which of these bacterial components is least likely to contain useful antigens?
2. Which of the following contains structures composed of N-acetylmuramic acid and N- acetylglucosamine?
Also Read: Microbiology 3. The association of endotoxin in gram-negative bacteria is due to the presence of
5. Which of the statements regarding gram staining is wrong?
Also Read: Gram positive and gram negative bacteria 6. Which of the following is not a recognised cause of diarrhoea?
7. Which of the following is a gram-positive eubacterium?
8. Which of the following microorganisms is not responsible for urinary tract infection?
9. Which of the following is diagnosed by serologic means?
Also Read: Bacteria 10. Diarrhoea is not caused by
11. The coagulase is done to differentiate
12. Prokaryotic cells are more resistant to osmotic shock than eukaryotic cells because
Also Read: Prokaryotic cells 13. The bacterial genus where sterols are present in the cell membrane is
14. The bacterium that infects other gram-negative bacteria is
15. Which phage is used for phage display technique?
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.